Awareness and orientation track – How to validate and launch an idea
|Type||Short Programmes (for PhD Students & Professionals), full-time|
• You are either a PhD student, researcher, professional in Manufacturing topics, or interested in developing business ideas about manufacturing
To apply to the “Awareness and orientation track – How to validate and launch an idea”, you are required to upload the following documents.
IMPORTANT: you need to submit a complete application package consisting of the following documents, in pdf and portrait format.*
– Short description of your PhD thesis subject
– The relevance for the manufacturing sector
– The innovation potential of the subject and expected research results
– The entrepreneurship potential of the expected research results
– A statement if the thesis is coupled with an industrial/research (not academic) organization or not, and if yes, the name and short description of such organization and contacts of the industrial supervisor (name and e-mail)
If you are a professional, you can upload a description of your job in relation to the Manufacturing sector.
Specific requirements for Non-EU applicants:
It is responsibility of the student to obtain the VISA for attending the on site activities of the programme.
Awareness and orientation track
The Innovation and Entrepreneurship Program at the EIT Manufacturing Doctoral School allows Manufacturing PhD students to gain and develop the skills and capabilities needed to valorize their expertise and research into the market. The version of the I&E Program that is called “Awareness and orientation track” is meant for PhD students that haven’t yet the intention to start an entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial project in the short term, but want to learn what steps should be taken, in order to be able to use that knowledge in the future. The track consists of two one-year programs: In year 1 the participant starts with learning “How to develop a business idea”, and in year 2 the participant continues exploring “How to validate a business idea and how to prepare for a launch”.
*Awareness and orientation track: How to validate a business idea and how to prepare for a launch”
Even if it is available standalone for those participants having already developed their business idea, this is the natural continuation of the year 1 programme of the Awareness and Orientation Track.
During the “Awareness and Orientation: How to validate a business idea and how to prepare for a launch” you will go through two different phases that will finally prepare for a launch of the business idea.
Validation and iteration phase (April-July)
First, you will learn how to validate your value proposition, solution, and related business
model in the market through the use of lean experimentation techniques.
Pre-launch strategy (Sept-Dec)
You will build plans and artefacts that will prepare for the launch of the business project.
Individual/teams with a feasible project at the end of this phase could apply for the Business Creation Pillar of EIT Manufacturing to continue the incubation and realization of their entrepreneurial project.
Participation fees to this programme are:
- General fee= 2000€
- Special fee for EITM partners=1500€
- Special fee for RIS & women= 800€
- Special fee for SIC partners = 1000€
- Free for EITM Doctoral School students, attending the whole 60 ECTS programme (mobility + I&E programme)
Fee can be paid either by the applicant or by a sponsor, such as applicant university, company, etc.
The I&E “Awareness and orientation track: How to validate a business idea and how to prepare for a launch” is a one year program, from April to December.
It is delivered in blended mode: with on line activities along the year and 3 on site events:
- Welcome Ceremony: 21-22 April 2022
- Participation to the final part of the Summer School: 11-13 July 2022
- Participation to the final part of the Winter School: 1-2 December 2022
On line sessions will be taught in a 2-hours format and will always be preceded by some resources that have to be studied before. Then, after ‘class’, your instructor will give you an action plan in which you apply the learning objectives on your entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial manufacturing project and reflecting how they could valorize in one way their research project in the future.
Innovation mentoring sessions could be available after fulfilment of homework duties.
For the full calendar please consult the dedicated brochure available at the EITM website: www.eitmanufacturing.eu/what-we-do/education/education-programmes/empower-programme/pioneering-learning-journeys/ie-programmes/
This programme will allow you to develop transversal skills to boost your academic and/or professional career with Entrepreneurial and Intrapreneurial competences